Hidroconta’s IRIS communications module is an AMR device that, once installed on any meter, is able to send and record the volumes shown on the meter so that they can be transparently displayed for the user on a web platform or on an APP.
IRIS has also been developed with the ability to send alerts according to the information obtained from the water meter.
Digitisation of traditional water meters.
- The Iris module can be connected to any meter in two different ways.
- Firstly, it is compatible with any meter with a pulse emitter, whether it has a potential free contact (e.g. a reed relay) or an open collector, which can be connected to the IRIS device’s pulse input.
- They can also be Hidroconta meters with an inductive connection, such as the Atlantis and Tritón domestic water meters.
The IRIS device’s integrated software is able to generate alarms according to the installation conditions. The possible alarms are as follows:
- Reverse flow alarm: Reverse flow detection. Only available for the version with inductive sensing. Communication-configurable threshold.
- Leak alarm: Detects continuous consumption over a maximum period of time. Communication-configurable threshold.
- Stopped meter alarm: The alarm is detected if no consumption is detected over a maximum period of time. Communication-configurable threshold.
- Undersized meter alarm: Detects a flow higher than the overload flow rate over a maximum period of time. Communication-configurable threshold.
- Meter tampering alarm: The alarm is activated if the device is not installed on the meter. Only available for the version with inductive sensing.
- Battery state alarm: Various battery alarm levels are activated depending on the remaining battery life.
With the communications module developed by Hidroconta, which can be integrated with all water meters, it is possible to adjust the amount of information sent and received according to each user’s needs. Thus, the communication profiles available are:
- Normal-24: Sends data every 24 hours and records it every hour.
- Normal-8: Sends data every 8 hours and records it every hour.
- Medium: Sends data every 12 hours and records it every 30 minutes.
- Extreme: Sends data every 6 hours and records it every 15 minutes.
It is essential for the IoT devices developed by Hidroconta to be flexible so that they are compatible with the communication protocols available on the market. The IRIS can be configured for the following protocols: Sigfox, NB-IoT, LoraWan, Lora and GPRS.