The domestic counter Tritón
The Tritón meter requires no straight sections at its inlet or outlet points, therefore, it is the perfect water meter for installations with big space restrictions. Tritón is a domestic drinking water meter that has been certified for its installation in a public water supply network. It has been designed in compliance with the accuracy and material regulations and, therefore, is the perfect meter for installation in city environments, in combination with the drinking water meters from the Atlantis range.
Turbine and clockwork made out of thermoplastic material.
- The Tritón drinking water meter has been designed as part of a range of multi-jet meters, in which the turbine and clockwork are made out of thermoplastic material, offering a higher flexibility and, as a result, lower wear of the turbine and clockwork, i.e., the Tritón meter is manufactured to achieve a high mechanical resistance that prevents the wear of materials.
Vacuum-sealed clockwork to prevent water condensation inside.
- The clockwork featured in the Tritón domestic water meter is based on a vacuum-sealed assembly that prevents the condensation of water to avoid transmission problems and for direct easy reading of the clockwork.
- Magnetic transmission system that is protected against external magnetic fields.
- According to its intended use in domestic environments and to guarantee safety in installations, the Tritón water meter’s clockwork is protected against external magnetic fields to prevent fraud when reading meters.
Pulse emitter pre-unit for remote reading
- The Tritón meter features a system that allows the easy installation of a pulse emitter with inductive technology, with no need to remove the meter or interrupt its operation. Hidroconta has adapted its drinking water meters to the latest technologies and also offers the option of installing a communication system on the meter, allowing it to send reading information to the cloud.
MID drinking water certification. Directive MID 2014/32/EU.
- Hidroconta’s drinking water or domestic water network meters have been certified with the MID certification by Directive MID 2014/32/EU, as required for installing any metering equipment in an urban environment with drinking water systems.
The meter can be installed with no need for straight sections at the meter’s inlet or outlet points.
- The Tritón meter requires no straight sections at its inlet or outlet points, therefore, it is the perfect water meter for installations with big space restrictions.
1- Which is the difference between dry dial, wet dial and semi-dry water meter dial?
On water meters with dry dial the reading mechanism (clock) is tightly separated from the wet chamber of the meter.
On Wet dial water meter the watch is totally immersed in the fluid.
For water meters with semi-dry dial, the reading mechanism is totally immersed in the fluid but the dial is partially serrated and protected by a sealed capsule.
2- What are the ranges of measurement and precision?
The measuring range of the meters is determined by the Directive MID 2014/32 / UE establishing the ratio between the value of the permanent flow (Q3) and that of the minimum flow (Q1). The water meter can measure up to the maximum flow rate (Q4) for short periods of time without deterioration.
The maximum permissible error, positive or negative, in volumes between the transition flow (Q2) (included) and the overload flow (Q4) would be 2% with a water temperature ≤ 30 ° C.
The maximum permissible error, positive or negative, in volumes between the minimum flow rate (Q1) and the transition flow (Q2) (excluded) would be 5%.
3- The MID directive and its compliance
The MID Directive (2014/32 / EU Measuring Instruments Directive) is a directive of the European Union whose purpose is to harmonize the different aspects of Legal Metrology in the member states.
The most important aspect of this directive is that equipment in possession of a MID certificate can be used in the EU.
4- How should the single jet water meters be installed?
HIDROCONTA single jet counters do not require special installation conditions.
If you have any doubt about the installation of these equipments, it is recommended to follow the instructions indicated in the technical data sheet of the product.